We fill initial prescriptions received from a military provider. The 20 MDG currently does not offer sick call or over-the-counter (OTC) medication services, all patients experiencing symptoms should call the appointment line to be triaged by our COVID team.
Please note: The MTF Pharmacy is closed the first Thursday of each month for training.
Base Exchange Pharmacy
- Call to activate your prescriptions ahead of time!
- Call 803-895-2273 Option 3, then Option 4 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to have your prescriptions ready for pick up when you arrive. Avoid the wait!
- BX pharmacy also offers contactless pick up through the Script Center Kiosk Machine, located immediately inside the main entrance to the Exchange and accessible during Exchange business hours.
- If you are using the Script Center for the first time you will need the prescription number from your medication bottle. (Example: B1234567).
- Enter in the ENTIRE prescription number including the letters.
- REFRIGERATED items CANNOT be picked up from the Script Center
Located at the Base Exchange, the BX pharmacy fills off-base prescriptions as well as all prescription refills.
Additionally, we will resume Same Day Services with a minimum 2-hour return time to reduce congestion in and around the pharmacy waiting area.
- The prescription Drop Box located adjacent to the BX pharmacy will remain available for beneficiaries who do not want to wait for same day services
- The Activation line (895-2273, select option #3, then option #4) is still our preferred method for workload efficiency and expedited pickup services
- Beneficiaries simultaneously activating 10 or more prescriptions are not eligible for same day services and will be given a 24 hour turnaround time
- For refills, call 895-6678, the turnaround time for refills will be 72 hours
- New prescriptions turned in/activated via the Drop Box/Activation Line will be 48 hours
TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
Use the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool to look-up your drug. A search can tell you:
- Formulary status (generic drug, brand-name drug, non-formulary drug, non-covered drug)
- Where the prescription can be filled
- Copayments and limitations, such as prior authorization
- Coverage review requirements and forms
- Alternative medications, including costs
To start your search, you’ll need to put in the brand name or generic name of the drug and then select the strength prescribed, as well as your gender and age.